Is your child healthy? If you answer to the question is yes, then answer this: How are you able to determine that you kid is healthy?
Parents all over the world think that just because their kids have a lot of meat on their bones means they are healthy. If this is your gauge of how healthy your kid is, then you are measuring his or her health wrongly.
Health isn’t determined by the size of their waists. Rather, it is based on how balanced their regular meals are.
Many kids in the United States are chubby. But according to studies, these kids don’t even come close to being healthy. Kids today are less healthy. Here are just some of the reasons why:
- Kids eat out more; they consume more processed food; they eat more sugar;
- they exercise less;
- the food provided to them lacks nutritional value.
There are so many reasons why kids today aren’t healthy. And for this reason, it is very important that parents today have their kids take on programs that focus on weight loss for kids.
After all that was said above, the importance of weight loss for kids probably needs no more elaboration. The diets kids have today are appalling. The government, parents and society are to blame for all of this. The government, for the longest time, has failed to provide kids in public schools the proper cafeteria food.
Most public schools today serve unhealthy food. Many parents are to blame as well. It is their responsibility to educate their children and their selves about proper nutrition. And of course, society is partially responsible.
The proliferation of false mindsets has destroyed the foundation of good health and nutrition.
If things are to be fixed, it would be best to take action now. Everyone should take action and fix kids’ diets.
1. The first thing that needs to go is processed food.
Food needs to be fresh. The ideal food for kids is home-cooked meals. Encourage your kids to eat at home.
If they are on the go, have them bring a home-cooked meal with them to school or wherever they need to do. Restaurants and fast food joints today serve very unhealthy food. They usually serve greasy, using mostly unnatural ingredients. Keep your kids away from these.
2. Cut down your kids’ sugar intake. Instead of having them eat sweets, have them much on fruit. These are equally good, but a lot healthier.
3. Try to abstain from fried food. When cooking for your family, avoid preparing fried food. Fried food is oily, which means it’s fatty. This is something you wouldn’t want for your kids. Lastly, try and use natural ingredients at all times. This is especially true when seasoning your food.
Don’t be too wild on the MSG as too much of this can be bad for the body. If you want your kids to be healthy, educate yourself.
Moreover, do your very best to set an example; eat healthy as well.